Dating website for geeks shane west and mandy moore dating
(3) Washington, Jefferson, John Adams, Madison, and Lincoln?
(2) There has never been a non-Christian president.
(2) Some guy found some chariot wheels at the bottom of the Red Sea. ARGUMENT FROM MARTYRDOM (1) The apostles would not have died for something they knew wasn't true. ARGUMENT FROM EYEWITNESS (SOMETIMES FOLLOWS OR COMBINED WITH LACK OF EYEWITNESS I) (1) Someone wrote the creation story in the Bible. ARGUMENT FROM CHRISTIAN MORALITY (altho it could probably be adapted to just about any religion) (1) Somewhere, someone who called himself or herself a Christian did something nice.
(2) But neither he nor I know anything about Russian. (2) [Christian posts 10,000 word document without a single paragraph break.] (3) [Atheist's eyes implode.] (4) I see that nobody can refute (2). ARGUMENT FROM EXODUS (1) If the Exodus story has any basis in historical fact, then God exists.
How dare I try to compel God to my selfish desires!
ARGUMENT FROM DEAD FIREFIGHTERS (1) All those dead firefighters were blessed by a Catholic priest before they gave their lives.
PERCHANCE'S SISTER'S ARGUMENT (IV) (1) I don't like abortion. (3) Therefore, God exists, and our prayer healers deserve to be paid like regular doctors. ARGUMENT FROM VACUUM ABHORRENCE (1) Everything has to be filled with something, because nature abhors a vacuum. MICKEY'S ARGUMENT FROM HOLY GHOST (1) I felt the holy ghost descend on me, and it made me shake. entropy) says that a system runs down, like a rusting old car.
(2) If you invest money by donating to my ministry, God will make you rich. (3) Someone is putting a 50 dollar bill in an envelope 50 dollars for our ministry! (2) Prayer sometimes works to bring people back to God and cure their disease. (2) God must have wanted us to do this (and we've never heard of Guns, Germs & Steel, by Jared Diamond). ARGUMENT FROM THE 2nd LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS (III) (1) The Second Law of Thermodynamics (e.g. (2) Like on buildings and walls and trees and clouds and pancakes and cheese sandwiches. (2) When you call something a 'proof' that means you have shown the result to be true. ARGUMENT FROM MULTIPLICITY (V) (recursive internet edition) (1) There exists a web page ( Proof.htm) (2) That page has hundreds of purported proofs of the existence of God. » If you've got another proof of God, please email your recommendation to Mark « » For real proofs of the nonexistence of any god, see "Why Atheism?
ARGUMENT FROM ABSOLUTE MORAL STANDARDS (1) If there are absolute moral standards, then God exists. (3) There is absolutely no other way that chariots could get to the bottom of the Red Sea. (2) Atheist notes that the NT doesn't mention anyone dying for their knowledge of Jesus' "physical" resurrection. ARGUMENT FROM ANECDOTAL EXPERIENCE (I) (1) I once experienced something I can't explain. (2) That someone must have been an eyewitness to the described events. ARGUMENT FROM APOLOGETICS WEBPAGES (1) I was surfing the Net and came across this really cool webpage of apologetics. BILL O'REILLY'S ARGUMENT (I) (1) Atheism is challenging this country's Christian roots! (3) We will make a big stink about this, and not let atheists win! (2) I mean it's so horrible, pointless, brutal and nasty. (37) So now we have used propositions X, X', Y, Y', Z, Z', P, P', Q and Q' to arrive at the obviously valid point R. (38) Atheist: Like I said, so far I've only agreed with X. (2) I won't bother to tell you what it is because, being atheists, you would be hostile to the conclusion anyway. ARGUMENT FROM "THE MATRIX" (1) We cannot prove that we don't live in a Matrix-like world. (3) If reality is contingent, then everything is possible. ARGUMENT FROM SUBJECTIVITY (1) Everything is subjective. (3) The plane crashed into a field, killing all aboard. (2) We have bad things happen to us when we're doing something bad. (6) God let September 11th happen to teach America humility. ARGUMENT FROM THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE (I) (1) The Pledge clearly states that America is "one nation, under God * * *." (2) The existence of God is thus a necessary condition for the existence of America. (2) The Founding Fathers were really, really smart. (2) A couple of hundred years later, lots of Romans were Christians, and the emperor was a Christian too! ARGUMENT FROM LOTS OF BOOKS (1) The Bible has lots of books written by lots of authors over a long period of time. ARGUMENT FROM BRUTE FORCE (1) [Christian tears Darwin Fish off car, breaks it in thirds, sticks it to driver's side window.] (2) Therefore, the Theory of Evolution is wrong. So who knows if there would be a time evidence for Exodus was discovered? (3) Therefore, the Bible is describing historical events. ARGUMENT FROM EQUAL VALUE (PC ARGUMENT II) (1) Evolution and the scientific worldview is a worldview. (2) You are not discriminating against our worldview are you? The average snow storm produces about 1000 billion crystals. MARTIN GARDNER'S ARGUMENT (1) Atheists are absolutely right.
(81) So we now conclude from this that propositions L'', L''' and J'' are true. (82) I HAVEN'T AGREED WITH ANYTHING YOU'VE SAID SINCE X! PEACOCK ARGUMENT FROM SELECTIVE MEMORY (1) [Christian asks "stumper" question.] (2) [Atheist answers question.] (3) [A lapse of time] (4) [Christian repeats question.] (5) [Atheist repeats answer.] (6) [A lapse of time] (7) [Christian repeats question.] (8) [Atheist repeats answer.] (9) [A lapse of time] (10) [Atheist leaves in frustration.] (11) Atheist, you never answered my question. ARGUMENT FROM INEVITABILITY (1) I have proof that God exists. (3) That probability came from my ass, which I know assigns extremely accurate probabilities to propositions concerning the existence of God. (2) The passengers prayed and attacked the terrorists. PERCHANCE'S SISTER'S ARGUMENT (II) (1) September 11th was really, really bad. ARGUMENT FROM THE FOUNDING FATHERS (I) (1) Some of America's Founding Fathers wrote favorably about the Bible. (2) Only a Christian would include the words "God" and "Creator"! (4) A Christian Nation couldn't last over 200 years without God's help. ARGUMENT FROM THE FALL OF PAGAN ROME (1) When Jesus was crucified, the Roman Empire was pagan, ruled by a pagan emperor. ARGUMENT FROM TROY (1) There is little archeological evidence for the events in Exodus. It was discovered when people thought the Iliad was only a story! (2) The prophecy was later fulfilled by other records in the Book of Daniel. (2) It must be true if the book describes negative events. (2) Could it not be that God has set His symbol of the Triune God in each flake? FIRST CAUSE ARGUMENT (I) (1) If I say something must have a cause, it has a cause.